Monday, August 03, 2009

Re-re-extended at work


Just a quick post to loyal BS readers that I am still (temporarily) employed. The one and only Danielle got me another re-re-extension (she is the greatest!), for another two weeks here. But I think this will be the last one.

The division that is paying for me has indicated in can not keep me on, and nothing has developed internally, so I will most likely be unemployed after Aug 14th. Interestingly, my first day of work here was also Aug 14th, nine years ago. Symbolism? Maybe - if you buy into that stuff. I'm not putting any meaning to it at all. What I know is that the sponsoring division has said they could not keep me on the books and that is it.

Now, things have changed before, so who knows. Also, there are other things going on outside, so maybe something good will come up soon. I for one am kinda looking for this to be over. I like being employed (and feeling useful), but the short term nature makes it tough to plan ahead: will I be here next month? will I not? what will I be doing? etc. Sometimes you need to rip of the bandage, and as unpleasant and sad as it will be to leave, that might need to happen.

On the plus side, I will have much more time for posting stories! My day has been too busy between working and finding work to get in a lot of fun or adventures, to say nothing of writing about them.

Thanks again to Danielle - she is the greatest. I am working on a large statue in her honor.

No comments: