Thursday, August 13, 2009

The 11th hour, again

Just a quick job update note.  It is the proverbial 11th hour for me (again).  My last day of my third extension is due to be tomorrow (Friday), which will ironically be my nine year anniversary here.  It is my expectation that this will be my last day with my employer.

But then again, it may not.

I had applied for a job internally about a week or so ago; I was not expecting them to be interviewing for it quite yet, but thanks to some favors being called in by my (kick @ss) HR manager, I found out Wednesday that I would be interviewing today.  I am not sure how it went - I think I was a little too energized.  But, I'll find out soon if I did well enough to go to the final round of interviews.  That would mean another extension.  Seriously.  There may also be another opportunity in the works, which could conceivably keep me here, as well, too.  The timeline may not work out, but I'll know more about that tomorrow, too.  

So, once again, facing my final day, I am not sure what will happen, again.  But through this whole process, I can not get over how nice and helpful folks have been to someone in need (aka me).  Even if neither of these work out, I'll walk away feeling that I did my best to explore every possible opportunity here and that everyone I know who said they would help, really tried to help.  I will leave with no complaints or hard feelings.

Should be an interesting next 20 hours for me.

1 comment:

bmr said...

Send some of your mojo my way, Jim. Law firms are cancelling summer programs left and right!