Saturday, October 10, 2009

Signs of Mystery


So I stopped by the US Bank branch in NE Minnie today, and I saw this sign in the parking lot. At first I didn't pay too much attention to it, but then it hit me - something is very, very odd about this sign.

It was Saturday afternoon, not during banking hours, and I was using the ATM. My total trip would be (I hoped) under 5 minutes. So in terms of the requirements of the sign, I was obeying the man.

What struck me as odd is who is supposed to use this spots during all other times?

The sign specified ATM use during non-banking hours. What about during banking hours? What about for customers who actually have business in the bank - they are not allowed to park here? This and the ones next to it are prime spots - equivalent to the handicapped spots. What about people who park here to use the ATM during banking hours? Are they in violation of the sign? It sure seems so.

I have no grand conclusions to pull from this episode, aside that it supports my grand unification theory of humanity: the idiots are taking over and we are all doomed.

As for my visit to the ATM, the machine was out of money. I don't know if that makes me in violation of the sign as I did not actually get to use the ATM. Eh, it is good to be a rebel now and then.

Happy banking

No comments: