Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lego Art

I randomly stumbled upon this the other day. I wish I had though of doing this myself.  Legos were my favorite toy as a child (adult too?), and I am a fan of black and white photography.  Why not combine the two?  And for added measure, why not recreate memorable moments captured on film (like Roger Bannister breaking the 4-minute mile).

The detail he is capturing is amazing.  Not only are the figures are in the right place, but the lighting is just right.   I am not sure who he is, outside of a Brit with a great sense of humor.  

I have linked his full collection on the side (right after problems solved by MacGuiver), but the Lego Classics series is below.  Be sure to click on the photo of the actual event to compare the two.  Be sure to check out his recreation of the stand off with the tank in Tianamen Square.

Enjoy!

No comments: