Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Round 7


Just a quick update on the work front for me. Today, I found out I have be re-re-re-re-re-re-extended (or re^7). Yes, I know. It is hard for me to believe, too. This extension will be for another month, which may sound brief, but it is endlessly superior to the week long extensions. This last month has felt like a vacation, in comparison.

I am still working here on a very interesting project, in an area where I have very little knowledge. That is, until the last few weeks. It has been a bit of info overload, but it is fun to learn about this new market, and there is no shortage of info available.

I'm working for a friend, which has been great. It has been easy to work for him - he gives good direction, he doesn't like to micromanage, and he keeps me in the loop - all the things you want from a good boss. Plus - he has been a good guy to talk to about work, jobs, and what I want to do next. I can't say enough good things about him; this has been another example of how kind folks have been to me during this job transition period. I am very fortunate and appreciative.

Thanks to all for all the help

No comments: