Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Losing Touch

About a month ago I reported that my sense of smell had gone for the day. Everything smelled like old fried chicken. After a good nights sleep, that problem went away and I had all of the senses working for me.

This morning I had a relapse. I lost the sense of touch on one of my fingers. On the end of my left middle finger, there is a dead spot where I can not feel anything. It is not numb; it is just not functioning. It is like I have a piece of tape stuck on there. Granted, I do play with tape a lot (good thing I work for the company I do), so I have been checking repeatedly to see if there is a piece stuck on there, but that is not the case.

Again - no real story to the post. It is just very odd to have one of the senses off for the day, and for only part of the body. Ahhh, the joys of getting older!

2 comments:

bmr said...

Dude, not to scare you, but there are like half a dozen really scary, debilitating, chronic illnesses that start out with neurological symptoms like that. You should totally talk to your doctor.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, ummm, what she said. Bridget voiced my concern exactly - I saw the RSS feed and got on to say the same thing. Get to a doctor.