Sunday, March 21, 2010

China Diary: Day 1

I tried to post this last week. Didn't work. The Chinese were far to clever for me, and my attempts to post in a timely manner did not work. Instead, I'll be posting my daily notes from China, delayed one week. Enjoy.

_______________

I'm in China now for the next week. With no direct access to facebook, I'm hoping my roundabout way of posting on blogger will work. (note: it did not)

So far it has been a good trip. I was here only once before, over 20 years ago, and to state the obvious, it's changed. The people are still very nice and the bikers are still in danger.

Biggest surprise I've seen so far: Chinese customs have set up a way for visitors to rate their satisfaction with the transactions. No foolin. There are buttons on your side of the glass pass through where you can rate the immigration process and the official processing the papers. She was nice and didn't laugh at my passport picture. I said I was "very satisfied."

No comments: